Instead of leaving such a list on my personal Facebook profile, where I have privacy settings that will prevent many people from seeing it, I’ve decided to create a running list of goals and dreams for 2013 and beyond on the Colliding With The Social Web blog. Feel free to add your own below as a comment using the form below.
Family Goals – 2013
- Outline all the ways I need to improve as a father, and make them happen, so I have the best possible relationship with my daughter. ONGOING AND 2013
- Devote more time and energy to my family, especially those who have cared and provided so much for me all my life.
- Ensure that my immediate family has no financial strains.
- Make sure my daughter develops good study habits and has what she needs to be a successful student.
- Cook more delicious and healthy meals for my daughter and me. Eat out much less.
- Plan a family get-together for either the summer or fall in New England.
- Take my daughter on a vacation she will enjoy.
- Reach out to my Aunt Sue in Florida who I have not seen since my father passed away almost 20 years ago.
Personal Goals – 2013
- Return to what I weighed 15 years ago.
- Get up and swim at least 3 times a week, and workout every day for at least 30 minutes.
- Complete a book I started writing many years ago.
- When faced with difficult challenges or personalities, always handle with patience, and communicate with courtesy, respect and intelligence.
- Learn Spanish.
- Listen more.
- Travel alone to a place where I can unwind in my own way.
- Surprise people throughout the year with anonymous acts of kindness.
Professional Goals – 2013
- Establish the framework for a new type of school in Loudoun County that focuses on business, technology, entrepreneurial studies and ethics.
- Build a strong Reform Party presence in Virginia, and run candidates for state and local office in 2013 and 2014.
- Re-Launch “Our Solutions” as a comprehensive platform for citizens to better crowd-source policy ideas that can be implemented by politicians at the federal and state level.
- Outline and implement a creative way to help working adults better fund their education without adding more debt.
- Discover new clients and launch more successful campaigns than in 2012.
- Get quoted in several news outlets.
- Have the strongest professional year of my life to date.
- Make 50 new and strong business connections.
Personal Long Term Goals
- Purchase an apartment in Bogota, Colombia so I can live in Bogota for part of the year.
- Learn how to play the guitar.
- Form a rock band, and develop, record and sell at least one album.
- Travel to Europe for at least two weeks to see historical sites (especially WWII sites).
- Attend the Bean Pot.
- See the Boston Celtics win the NBA Championship in person.
- Buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee and provide my daughter with a car for when she is old enough to drive.
- Afford my daughter’s high school and college education, so she can get through school either debt-free or with minimal debt.
Professional Long Term Goals
- Break ground on my school that focuses on business, technology, entrepreneurial studies and ethics.
- Expand educational opportunities for young people.
- Launch a successful technology start-up.
- Write a book on what I’ve learned professionally to this point in my life.
- See a member of the Reform Party elected President of the United States.
- Open a business office in another country.
- Be proud of the work I have done for my clients.
- Be known as a hard and smart worker, who was ethical and good to work with.